Equality and Diversity
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish specific and measurable equality objectives. Our equality objectives are based on our analysis of data and other information. Our equality objectives focus on those areas where we have agreed to take action to improve equality and tackle disadvantages. We will regularly review the progress we are making to meet our equality objectives. Our Equality Objectives are:
- To ensure that all learners including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities make better than expected progress, narrowing gaps in achievement where they exist.
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular opportunities with increased references to issues of equality and diversity.
- To narrow the gap in attendance between SEN and non-SEN pupils by fostering good relationships with parents and carers and seeking to understand the barriers to good attendance.
- To increase the membership of potentially vulnerable pupils and those with protected characteristics, in clubs, activities and roles of responsibility.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- You can download our Equality Action Plan